Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Library

It's my new love.

It's free, like love should be, it doesn't expect much except that I spend time with it. I can go for quickees or long durations and it's even set up something online for those lonely nights when I just can't get to it in person.

We have a bond. I think this may be it. I see a future between the two of us.

Ding Dong
On a happy but sad note. My doorbell just rang and it's just before 2pm. I'm not expecting guests. Approaching the door I see a man and a package, more like a bouquet actually, and what girl doesn't adore the receipt of flowers?

Guy: Wendy?
Me: No, but I can be.
Guy: #Something# Communications?
Me: No, but I'll still take the flowers.
Guy: 231 R----
Me: Yes
Guy: Don't worry, I'll give them a ring on the number they left.
Me: *Sigh* Okay then. (closes door slowly in defeat)

Beautiful flowers and a cheerful delivery guy. But alas, neither was meant for me.

I wish my name was Wendy today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

hehehe... sorry fifi, they'll be for you next time. I never understood the thing with girls and flowers, they're just plants.

8:17 a.m.  
Blogger fifi said...

well maybe I like plants then eh? I am named after the species! xx

12:37 a.m.  
Blogger Nick said...

hehehe... yeah, i forgot about that.. good point :P

8:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home